Zenysis is a technology company dedicated to building powerful, collaborative software that governments and international organizations need to confront some of the greatest challenges facing humanity. Countries are using our platform to deliver lifesaving resources to millions in need, track the spread of infectious diseases, and oversee the distribution of vaccines to dramatically decrease death from preventable diseases and more.
We are engineers, designers, data scientists, diplomats, and public health experts, and we are on the side of those in greatest need around the world. As a global company, diversity of identity and experience is both a moral and business imperative.
The partnership and project manager (PPM) must be highly organized, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, be able to think ahead and work independently to manage both project teams and client relations in Mozambique.
With responsibilities ranging from client-relations, business development, data analysis, and everything in between, you’ll have the opportunity to work with every team at Zenysis while building the skills to lead increasingly large parts of our long term operations and strategy in Mozambique.
At Zenysis, roles aren’t defined by narrowly scoped duties. PPMs take full responsibility for the success of our deployments, including engaging with analysts and high-level decision-makers, running analyses, scoping engineering projects, collaborating with engineering, and ensuring that all aspects of technical implementation run smoothly. In addition, PPMs develop and lead regional business strategy, manage client relationships to build mutual trust, working both internally and externally to craft expansion opportunities.
60% of LOE
- Develop country strategy, identify new business development opportunities, improve and establish long-term relationships with client stakeholders, develop new partnerships in the country, assist with development of business development and partnerships materials.
- Report to Zenysis senior staff on high level decisions regarding project execution, client engagement, capacity planning and resource mobilization.
- Manage and maintain relationships at all levels with our clients, from analysts to presidents, ensuring mutual and long-term trust between Zenysis and client.
- Identify strategic initiatives and opportunities for expansion of our current work in Mozambique.
40% of LOE
- Lead collaboration and communication with the product team and engineers remotely to ensure successful product implementation and development
- Identify the levers for impact, and run through as many prototypes, hypotheses and iterations as it takes to drive them forward
Whether you’re thinking through business strategy, scoping out technical implementations, or talking to clients, your process starts with empathy, then ends in a solution you understand well enough to communicate and test. In day-to-day operations you have the resilience to thrive in ambiguous environments, the clarity of communication to build order in chaos, and the self-understanding to know your blind spots and question assumptions.
- You are, or are willing to be, based in Maputo and you are a fluent Portugese speaker
- 4+ years experience employing project management, business development, or partnerships, especially in the government, non-government or public health sectors.
- You’re not afraid of messy real-world data, and have strived to understand the underlying patterns with R, Excel, SQL, Python or similar tools.
- You’ve worked on projects synthesizing hard analytical insight with holistic understanding of a complex problem space.
- You have a genuine love of technology demonstrated through your academic background, hands-on experience, or adjacent work in design, business, operations, policy, product, or project management.
- You thrive in ambiguity and aren’t afraid of not knowing – you understand how to take one step at a time to work through massively complex problems.
- You enjoy working with clients and have a customer-centric attitude.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in both Portuguese and English, demonstrated through previous authored and/or published materials.